Welcome to Transforming Health through Relationships via In-Person and Virtual Environments (THRIVE)!
THRIVE offers individuals and families a spectrum of physical activity, wellness, nutrition, and social connection activities to improve one’s health (available in no tech, low tech, and high-tech formats). Activities can be done on 1:1 with your buddy, with family members/friends, neighbors, in a small group (virtual or face to face outside – adhering to social distancing). We know the physical and mental health of many in the community have been affected by COVID-19.
Participants of all ages, skill levels, and abilities are encouraged to join! Our current THRIVEers range in age from 2 to 92.
THRIVE affords individuals the opportunity to transform one’s physical and/or mental/emotional health by:
- Connecting individuals to existing resources and opportunities in one’s community
- Turning their home into a personalized activity space
- Creating social connection and increasing one’s social capital through our THRIVE Community
Vehicles of Change:
- Physical Activity, Nutrition, and Wellness
- Mentorship – mentees and mentors engage together on wellness journey
Types of Offerings:
- Asynchronous At-Home Activities
- Virtual One-Time Events (e.g. Act of Kindness Bingo, Dance and Creative Movement, Arts and Crafts)
- Virtual Weekly Programming (e.g. Tasha’s Wushu Class, Max’s Boxing Class)
- Face-to-Face Socially Distanced Activities (e.g. Arboretum Scavenger Hunt, Backyard Games)
Invest in your Health
The Shenandoah Valley Inclusive Wellness Coalition (SVIWC) is proud to offer THRIVE at a monthly donation/ subscription rate of $20/individual; $35/couple; or $50/month for family/group; first month is free!
Here is the online link to invest in your health and the health of others in the community.
Basic Membership – each THRIVE participant will have:
- An assigned mentor/activity buddy/wellness coach
- Access to our monthly THRIVE Calendar
- Access to community programming/events (from SVIWC members) at little to no cost
Enhanced Membership (coming soon) – each THRIVE participant will have –
- Activity monitor for data collection, goal tracking, and reinforcement purposes
- Personalized activity backpack:
- Equipment to use in their home or community to support their THRIVE journey
For those interested in enrolling in THRIVE, please click here.
If there are programs or activities that you would like to see added or as an instructor or organization you would like to offer, please don’t hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Being a THRIVE Champion means:
The Shenandoah Valley Inclusive Wellness Coalition loves to highlight and promote organizations that incorporate inclusive programming for individuals of all abilities. We also partner directly with these organizations to provide and coordinate one-time and ongoing inclusive events and activities, especially those underserved populations within our communities. SVIWC asks for is a small donation in exchange.
Benefits to your organization:
- Noted as a THRIVE Champion on SVIWC’s website
- Organization highlight posted on SVIWC’s website
- Intentional promotion of your organization’s activities as part of SVIWC’s outreach (e.g. bi-weekly e-blasts, newsletters, etc.) to expand the “reach” of your offerings/opportunities
- Priority partnership for programming, events, and new opportunities
- Direct and in-direct support from SVIWC team during development or implementation of inclusive programming
Speech and Language Center:
- The Speech and Language Center has offered the SVIWC synchronously and asynchronously activities such a virtual scavenger hunt and Acts of Kindness bingo.
- The Waynesboro YMCA has offered both in-person as well as remote programming like stretch and move and yoga to get people of all ages and abilities moving and “grooving”.
Harrisonburg Parks and Recreation
- The Harrisonburg Parks and Recreation provides SVIWC with activity videos, encourages engagement in existing programming as well as opportunities to organize and host in-person and remote events alongside their staff.
Rockingham Ballet Theatre
- The Rockingham Ballet Theatre has offered virtual ballet classes for those interested in dance lessons but still uncomfortable or unable to attend an in-person studio class.
How to become a Champion
Coordination of your efforts with the SVIWC will expand the reach of your existing offerings as well as allow each organization new avenues of impact. To become a Champion, please contact email@example.com